Working jointly with Wigan Council we want to redesign child and adolescent services so that we can improve the quality of life of them and their families.
Our vision is that the Children, Young People and families of Wigan Borough are confident and resilient individuals who are connected to their communities and make an effective contribution as responsible citizens. They feel safe and care about their health, education and employment, and their community.
Child and Mental Health Services are an important part of our children's services. We want to redesign these services to:
- have one team to contact to get access to all the different services, regardless of who provides them
- work with schools and colleges to deliver services in schools
- make sure GP practices can help more, earlier
- work with the children's social care and youth justice system to help the most vulnerable children
- work together to help children tackle eating disorders.
In March 2018 we refreshed the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Local Transformation Plan. The full plan can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.