Locality Plan 2020-25
Happy, Healthy People
Date: Throughout September 2019
The NHS and Wigan Council are working together on a joint plan for health and social care services.
The plan describes how, through the Healthier Wigan Partnership, we will radically improve residents’ health and wellbeing and transform services over the next 5 years.
Throughout the month of September 2019 we’ll be talking to patients and residents about the plan and asking for feedback.
Our vision for local services remains the same:
By 2025 we will have health and social care services that…
- Support people to be well and empower them to look after their own health and wellbeing.
- Are easily available, supporting people at home through digital technology as much as possible, or in convenient places in their community, keeping our hospitals for when they are most needed.
- Are the best they can be, all working together to make sure services are safe, sustainable and delivering great care.
Whilst the plan builds on lots of engagement work we’ve done over the last few years we want to make sure it reflects everything that is important to local people.
During our engagement work we’ll also be encouraging people to sign up to our Engagement Membership so that we can contact them about the plan and opportunities to help shape individual services. Click here if you want to sign up!
How to get involved:
There are lots of different ways you can get involved:
- Read the information leaflet below and complete our online survey
- Download a copy of our information leaflet and survey and post this back to us (for free!)
- Attend one of our engagement sessions (listed below)
- Invite us to your meeting or event
- Call 01942 482711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: FREEPOST RTRA-BXKR-CTTT, Shape Your NHS, Wigan Borough CCG, Wigan Life Centre, College Avenue, Wigan WN1 1NJ
Read our information leaflet
Our Easy Read version
When we complete our engagement work we will review all the feedback and update the plan if needed. We will also contact anyone who signed up to our engagement membership during this time. We’ll post some feedback on our “engagement feedback” page in due course.
If you would like help understanding this information or if you need it in a different language or format (large print, easy read or braille) please call us on 01942 482711 or email@example.com.”