Wigan Borough CCG designs a range of information and documents for the public on a regular basis. The Readers Panel is a group of local residents who help to make sure that documents are accessible, readable and in Plain English.
In the past year the Readers Panel has reviewed a number of things such as:
- patient information leaflets
- strategy documents
- service leaflets
If you sign up to the Readers Panel we will ask you how you would like to receive documents to review. We can send things out via post or email depending on how you prefer to work. When we send you a document you can choose to ignore or respond with feedback as your time allows!
Members may be asked to sign something to say they will not share the information wider than the readers panel until the final version is agreed upon.
How to get involved:
We need more people to join the Readers Panel. If you would like to join, please get in touch on 01942 482711 or email@example.com
We do make changes to documents based on the feedback we receive from the Readers Panel. To give you an idea of the type of feedback we get some examples of changes made are listed below:
- Experience survey - questions re-written to be more neutral. The purpose and intended use of the survey was better explained.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) leaflet - some of the language was updated and made more personal, i.e. "i" and "my medication" rather than being generic.
- End of Life Strategy - there was feedback that the strategy was long and the key points did not stand out. A much shorter public friendly summary was produced which summarises the essential information from the strategy.
- Healthier Wigan Partnership Leaflet - the language was updated to reflect that patients are one of the key partners. The design of the leaflet was also amended.
- Community Services Poster - the language was changed and the message was simplified to stand out.
- Public survey - the language was updated and clearer explanations used.
If you would like help understanding this information, or need it in a different format (large print, easy read or braille, for example), please contact us.