What do you want your local NHS services to be like? How do you want them to run? What do you want them to offer?
We need the help of patients, carers and local people in designing, developing and reviewing the services we buy. There are lots of ways to help us, but the easiest way is to join our ‘Shape Your NHS Community’.
What is the Shape Your NHS Community?
It is our Engagement Community.
It is our way of keeping in touch with patients, residents and Voluntary Community Sector Groups who might want to get involved in the work of the CCG.
How can you sign up?
What happens when you sign up?
To sign up you will need to give us your details and tell us how you prefer to be contacted, e.g. by email, post or telephone.
We will keep your details securely.
We will only use the information you provide for the purposes of the membership scheme and will not share your details with anyone else.
We will send you a newsletter once a month. The newsletter will contain details of all the difference ways you can get involved with us. This can be surveys, meetings or events.
We sometimes contact members a little more often with reminders for events or surveys.
The support we give you when you sign up
- we give you access to our FREE shape your NHS training programme. We offer modules such as 'understanding the NHS' and 'social media'
- we send you a monthly newsletter that tells you all about current and upcoming work
- we will cover reasonable out of pocket expenses (with agreement)
- we will make any reasonable adjustments to make sure you can get involved, for example by offering interpreters or hearing loops
- we will make information accessible and produce things in different formats if you need it
- we will come out to any of your groups or meetings to talk about the work of the CCG (if our diaries are free!)
A copy of our Patient & Public Involvement Expenses policy can be found below:
How involved do you need to get?
You can decide.
There is absolutely no obligation when you sign up.
We use a variety of different engagement methods to try and be as inclusive as possible. Our engagement methods include:
- Asking you to complete a survey
- Asking you to give your view via a poll
- Asking you to get involved with a social media campaign/conversation
- Asking you to attend an engagement meeting or event
- Asking you to join a group or committee
- Asking you to attend a focus group
- Asking if you want to volunteer for different projects or work
- Inviting you to attend our Governing Body meetings (which are open to the public)
The monthly newsletter will tell you what we are working on.
If something takes your fancy and you want to get involved please just let us know!
It would also be helpful if you could tell us if you have a particular area of interest so we can try and ‘match you up’ to a project. Please also let us know if you have any additional requirements we need to be aware of so we can make sure you can get involved!
How much time will you need to give?
It is completely up to you.
You can give as little or as much time as you like and get involved with whatever interests you.
There is no obligation when you sign up to the Shape Your NHS community.
What we do with your details
We will never share your contact details with anyone. We store them securely and only contact you about opportunities to engage with us in improving local health services. If you no longer want to be a member of our community and receive the emails, please just let us know by calling 01942 482711 or emailing email@example.com.
If you would like any of this information in a different format (such as Large Print, Audio, Easy Read or Braille) or a different language, please call us on 01942 482711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.