Services in Higher Folds, Leigh
In February 2019 we spoke to residents in Higher Folds, Leigh about the health and social care services in the area.
The purpose of our engagement work was to get feedback about:
- The services in the area, including the GP practice and pharmacy
- What health services people think are needed in the area
- What physical activities people would like to do in the area
We got people involved by:
- Asking them to complete a short survey (available online and in the community centre)
- Holding a drop in session at Higher Folds Community Centre
- Meeting with the patient group at the local GP practice
- Visiting community groups; Tiny Tots and Community Bingo
Thank you to all the residents who spoke to us! We would also like to thank the GP practice groups, Councillor Anita Thorpe and the staff at Higher Folds Community Centre for supporting us with this engagement work.
What difference did people make?
We've made improvements to services in Higher Folds as a result of the things people told us. Click below to read our "You Said, We Listened" summary:
A copy of the engagement report is available to download below. The report tells you what we did and what people told us.
Many of the people spoke to us about things they think we can improve in the area. People told us:
- They have experienced difficulties accessing services at the local GP practice
- They would like better continuity of doctors on the estate
- They would like clarity about the services available on the estate and the opening times of the doctors surgery
- They would like a better building for the GP practice
- They would like more services like; health checks; mental health; better access to things like blood tests and smear tests; sexual health and family planning services
- People would like there to be more physical activities on the estate for older people, parents and children
The CCGs Primary Care Team is using feedback from residents to improve services in Higher Folds.
If you live in Higher Folds and have any additional feedback you can contact us on 01942 482711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We plan to do some more engagement work in Higher Folds around September 2019 to check back with local residents. We will publish details about this in due course on our “we need your help” page.