Patients Forum 2017 - 2018
The Patients’ Forum is an engagement group made up of local people who are involved with their GP practice Patient Participation Group (PPG) and Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh.
Patients Forum meets every two months to discuss local services, patient feedback and commissioning.
Patients Forum plays a role in assuring the CCGs Governing Body about its Patient & Public Involvement activity every year and help to write the Annual Engagement Report.
What difference did people make?
We have taken a look back at 2017 / 2018 to see what the Patients Forum has been involved in and achieved. Patients Forum has:
- Got involved with the CCGs Quality Team and some members have been involved with commissioner visits to services
- Been involved in the way GP practices within different parts of the Borough are working together to transform services to their local population
- Helped to organise the Annual Engagement Conference and PPG Awards
- Helped design and deliver the Shape Your NHS Training Programme
- Given their own views on the development of the Healthier Wigan Partnership and helped to undertake engagement work to get wider views
- Got involved in engagement work for the Bolton, Salford and Wigan Partnership and the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership around hospital transformation
- Given their views on the relocation of the Neuro-Rehabilitation service and attended public meetings
- Given views on the transformation of Community Services and will be getting further involved with the Reablement Service
- Attended training and community events, including the CCGs Annual General Meeting
- Contributed to the Borough’s End of Life Strategy
Patients Forum continues to meet regularly. Take a look at the section on our “We need your help” page for more information about the group and how you join.